The less time your hair stays wet the better, and how you get it dry is just as important. This multipurpose hair towel is spun with plush microfiber on one side and soft t-shirt cotton on the other to dry and set your hair both quickly and gently. It’s the ultimate everyday hair towel.
First, the ultra-absorbent microfiber side draws water away from the hair to reduce drying time. Next, the combed cotton t-shirt side wraps your hair in gentle fibers for healthy shine and frizz-free texture.
This towel dries, protects and sets
(my favorite analogy: drying your hair with a regular towel is like using the green side of the sponge to wash your face)
Why does wet hair need extra love? When wet, your hair changes structure and the hydrogen bonds are temporarily broken. As a result, the strands stretch, making the hair shaft and cuticle prone to damage. Stretched hair dries frizzy, or can break when mishandled with any old towel.
Our microfiber and t-shirt materials are made from soft, fine-woven fabrics that wick water away from your hair without chafing the cuticle. Rapid drying reforms hydrogen bonds for stronger structural integrity and shine. That’s a wrap.
HOW TO USE:
Dry and set: The microfiber is ideal for drying, while the olive, t-shirt side sets and protects.
Using microfiber towels for drying hair offers several benefits:
- Less Friction: Microfiber towels create less friction compared to traditional cotton towels. This reduces the risk of hair breakage, frizz, and damage, especially important for those with curly or delicate hair.
- Superior Absorbency: Microfiber is more absorbent than cotton, meaning it can dry hair more efficiently and quickly. This reduces the time hair remains wet, which can help minimize damage, as wet hair is more vulnerable to breakage.
- Gentle on Scalp: The soft texture of microfiber is gentle on the scalp and hair, making it a good option for those with sensitive skin or scalp conditions.
- Antibacterial Properties: Some microfiber towels come with antibacterial properties, which can help keep your towel fresher for longer, reducing the risk of transferring bacteria to your hair and scalp.
In conclusion, microfiber towels offer a gentle, efficient, and potentially healthier way to dry your hair, with benefits ranging from reduced damage to environmental friendliness.
Using t-shirt material for setting hair offers several benefits:
- Reduces Frizz: By minimizing friction and not disrupting the hair cuticle, plopping helps in reducing frizz.
- Gentle Drying Method: It’s a gentler alternative to rubbing hair with a towel, which can cause breakage and frizz.
- Promotes Healthy Hair: This technique reduces the need for heat styling, thereby minimizing heat damage.
- Volumizes at the Roots: Plopping can lift the hair at the roots, giving a natural volume to curly and wavy hair.
Benefits for All Hair Types:
Other hair types can still gain from this technique:
• Straight Hair: Those with straight hair may find it a gentle drying method that adds some volume.
• Thin or Fine Hair: It can add volume without stressing the hair.
• Thick Hair: Plopping can help manage the drying process and reduce overall drying time.
In summary, hair plopping with a T-shirt or cotton material is an effective, affordable, and gentle way to dry and set curly or wavy hair, encouraging natural curl patterns while minimizing frizz, breakage, and environmental impact.
- Use your double-sided hair towel to set your hair while it absorbs product. The t-shirt hair-wrap side helps your cuticle lock in all those benefits.
- Use the Najeau hair towel to protect your pillowcase after applying an overnight hair mask or treatment!
- Always treat hair with care, but especially wet hair. Avoid sleeping with wet hair, putting wet hair into a ponytail, or brushing it harshly. Don’t blow dry hair straight out of the shower—give it time in your hair towel first.